Electronic Dosing Device (EDD)
The Sediment and Erosion Control Industry is revolutionized with the newly designed, fully automated EDD system. The device resolves the hassles of the basic rain activated shed system.
EDD is a solar powered, flow activated flocculant delivery system which can accurately and efficiently dose sediment retention ponds (SRPs). Rainfall from catchment areas of up to 10ha, or water pumped in to the pond via the flume, is measured using an ultrasonic sensor and accurately dosed using a pre-determined rate which is programmed into the EDD system. The system is very easy to calibrate for any catchment size or dose rate and any type of flocculant can be used, including dual polymers. EDD can monitor and record turbidity, pH, dissolved oxygen, TSS, tank flocculant level, rainfall volume and intensity and other customised parameters required.
EDD uses telemetry to transmit live data to a web site, using an app or directly to a smart phone. The EDD system can send a text message if any pre-set limits are exceeded, after storm events or if the tank flocculant level is low. The telemetry also allows the user to remotely alter the dose rate if required.
Electronic Dosing Device fitted on IBC (EDD IBC)
EDD IBC is the modular, easily mobilised form of the current EDD system. The EDD IBC system eliminates the cost of a tank and has brackets that hook on to an IBC which allows easy assembly and transportation, ideal for short term operations. The EDD IBC has all the advantages of the EDD, it is solar powered, flow activated with accurate and efficient dosing on sites up to 10ha. EDD IBC has a larger capacity for on-site flocculant storage, 1000L.
EDD IBC also uses telemetry which allows the same monitoring and control as the EDD system.
- Flow activated system- effective and efficient treatment of sediment
- Highly accurate dosing rate
- Easy to calibrate for any catchment size up to a 10ha
- Sends SMS alerts (i.e. in case of low flocculant) and can also post data to a website
- Uses telemetry to monitor: turbidity, pH, dissolved oxygen, TSS, tank flocculant level, rainfall volume and intensity and other customised parameters required
- Low maintenance due to continuous monitoring reducing labour and time.
- Easy management using a feedback system reducing site auditing
- Reduced cost due to efficient chemical usage
Can monitor :
Other functions available